The splashes of the people in the boats leaping into the river sounded like thunderclaps in my ears. People were landing hastily on both sides of the river. But the Martian machine took no more notice for the moment of the people running this way and that than a man would of the confusion of ants in a nest against which his foot has kicked. When, half suffocated, I raised my head above water.
- Foul ball drills paramedic in the Astros dugout during Game 2 of the ALCS
- ‘Succession’ season finale: Logan picks a ‘blood sacrifice’ … then comes the twist!
- Kane Brown’s drummer, Kenny Dixon, 27, killed in car accident
- ‘No forgiveness for this one’: Texas police face backlash after shooting, killing Atatiana Jefferson in her home
- Country star Trace Adkins, actress Victoria Pratt marry – and Blake Shelton officiates