The splashes of the people in the boats leaping into the river sounded like thunderclaps in my ears. People were landing hastily on both sides of the river. But the Martian machine took no more notice for the moment of the people running this way and that than a man would of the confusion of ants in a nest against which his foot has kicked. When, half suffocated, I raised my head above water.
- Schiff: 2020 election threatened if Senate doesn’t remove Trump – live impeachment trial updates
- Ex-Grammys President Neil Portnow ‘unequivocally’ denies rape allegations
- Kansas indefinitely suspends Silvio De Sousa after Kansas State brawl
- The night the iguanas fell: Cold snap chills Florida and now iguana meat is up for sale
- Harry, Meghan threaten legal action over published paparazzi pictures that show baby Archie